Best Of Blog 2007
Best Of Blog 2005
How to be Happy,
Misty's Big Adventure,
Street Furniture Stickers,
Weird Internet Animations
Other People's Blogs
Danger! High Postage,
Silent Words Speak Loudest
Please don't ask for a sidebar link as a refusal often offends.
Some notes on Container Sizes for Various Plants
Taken from this post on the vegetable-gardens.co.uk forum
There's also some advice on containers on the Pots2Plots website.
- Carrots Amsterdam forcing & autumn king - sow 1/4 inch apart in 10 inch pot and thin to harvest
- Courgettes - 1 plant per 10 inch pot
- Dill - 3-4 plants per 10 inch pot
- Garlic chives - 1 plant per 4 inch pot
- Iceberg - lettuce generally 3 plants per 10 inch pot
- Lamb lettece - same as iceberg
- Little gems lettece - see iceberg
- Mixed rocket - 3-8 plants per 6-8 inch pot
- Mixed salad leaves - see iceberg
- Parsnip tender and true - not on my list - sorry!
- Radish (Sparkler 3 & mixed salad) - sow 1/4 -1/2 inch apart in 8-10 inch pot and thin to harvest
- Red arrow & early purple sprouting Brocolli - 1 plant per 10 inch pot or 3 plants per 15 inch pot
- Spinach - 12 seeds per 10 inch pot - will run to seed quickly in a pot apparently
Carrot Purple Haze
West Coast Seeds recommend sowing into foot long pipes about 15-20cm across, and adding sand to the soil. You can grow 3 or 4 in each pipe. As with all containers, keep them well watered.
Hopefully, my carrots will turn out like these from the tiny farm blog.
Container Gardening Blogs etc.