Best Of Blog 2007
Best Of Blog 2005
How to be Happy,
Misty's Big Adventure,
Street Furniture Stickers,
Weird Internet Animations
Other People's Blogs
Danger! High Postage,
Silent Words Speak Loudest
Please don't ask for a sidebar link as a refusal often offends.
|Websites: http://www.re-location.org.uk/ and http://www.radioactiveshow.org.uk/
Location: Foundry Lane, Smethwick, Birmingham (Map)
Dates: 27th September to 11th October 2003
A fantastic exhibition. The SozoCollective have taken over an old commercial x-ray factory, cleaned it up a bit and set up lots and lots of installations.
Some pieces I remember:
- Radioactive - Sign on a Wall:
- JullianBull's video installation "Elements" near the entrance to the building. Three projectors and a circular screen combine to create a perfect widescreen on which waves crash, fires burn and clouds drift by - very relaxing. I want one in my house!
- Work Crate - a large open crate stuffed with polystyrene packing material and a talking head who gives his very interesting views on the types of work and worker.
- A Giant Man made out of chicken wire(?)
- The fantastic fire area which really contributed to the festival atmosphere on the opening night.
- Wonderful, almost full size, pictures of local mantlepieces.
- A DNA molecule made out of eggs! (Fragile I guess).
- The doors! A pair of internal factory doors through which you could see the light and hear the noise of a working environment. It felt like you could walk right through them into a large and busy space, but they were set in to the wall!
- A bizare machine for ants to live and work in.
- Indian(?) dance with feet dipped in paint which left a trace of the ephemeral.
- A woman in a coffin in a quiet and leafy area.
- A "light panel" made of paper(?) and lit from behi:
- A bizare show in which a man suspended from the ceiling, wearing a gas mask and metal plates was attacked by a woman wielding a circular saw.
- Miscellaneous Signs (Jack Russell):
- Miscellaneous Signs (Nursery Rhyme)::
- A Gazebo build out of reused wood, bedsteads etc.:
This page linked from: